The Treaty of Waitangi
Answer the questions by highlighting the answers.
- Who was the Treaty of Waitangi signed between?
- a) Māori and Burmese b) British and Malaysian
- c) Māori and British d) British and Burmese
- What is the treaty named after?
- a) The place where everyone lived b) The place where the treaty was signed first
- c) It was beautiful land d) Just chose any Māori word
- Which of the following was NOT one of the principles of the treaty?
- a) Protection b) Partnership
- c) Participation d) Playfulness
- In terms of the treaty, what do you think the ‘partnership’ principle was about?
- What was the date that the Treaty of Waitangi was signed?
- a) February 6th 1840 b) February 7th 1840
- c) February 6th 1940 d) February 7th 1940
- Who was the first Māori chief to sign Te Tiriti o Waitangi?
- a) Hone Keke b) Hone Heke
- c) Kone Heke d) Kone Keke
- Who was the first British representative to sign The Treaty of Waitangi?
- a) Captain William Robert b) Captain Billy William
- c) Captain William Hobson d) Captain Hobson Williamson
- What are the names of the two different versions of treaties?
→ Maori and english.